Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Choose This Day Who You Will Serve, But As For Me and My House, We Will Serve The Lord. - Joshua 24:15

Our lifetime is filled with choices. some big. some small. and depending on how busy we are and how much we have on our mind, those choices may seem more obvious or they may be made in passing. From the time we wake up to the time we go to sleep at night, our day is filled with choices. how late to sleep in. What to wear. To brush the teeth or not to brush the teeth. How about the hair. What to eat for breakfast. The list goes on and on, and you've only been awake for 5 minutes. The beauty and reality of it all is that as an adult, YOU GET TO DECIDE. We have that power. That's huge.

That means when I wake up, I can decide if I am going to be a blessing or a curse that day. It means that I can focus to think about the positive or the negative. It means that I can choose to put myself first or to put Jesus and others first. We have power. We have minds. We have the capability to do some really amazing things. We also have the capability to hurt people and be selfish. We have the Holy Spirit as our Helper.


I wanted to know what Lord teaches us about choices. So I looked up scripture and found some answers:


Job 34:3-4
3"For the ear tests words as the palate tastes food." 4"Let us choose for ourselves what is right; Let us know among ourselves what is good."

Psalm 25: 12-13
12"Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose." 13"His soul will abide in prosperity, And his descendants will inherit the land."

John 15:16
" You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you."

2 Corinthians 6:16
"As God has said: 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.' "

Psalm 119:105
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."

Deuteronomy 30:19-20
19"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, 20 by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."


Go forth and make good choices today. To the honor and glory and power of Christ our King.

No comments: