I will start with Beth's Cabinet. Beth is the sweetest mother in law a girl could as for and I am so proud to call her mine. She is so sweet and selfless and loves the Lord. One thing that Beth has taught me is that a house full of items with special meaning is so much more valuable than the latest matching set of whatever. When she mentioned that she would like a cabinet to set her TV on, we really wanted to make her something special. Beth loves antiques like I do, so I wanted to find her something with history and character.
I did some Craigslist shopping and found this little treasure:
It's a wardrobe cabinet from the early 1900s. There was a date on the back of the mirror and I think it was from either 1920s or 30s. Everything on this piece was in it's original condition which was awesome, but the outside needed a new finish and Beth wanted a black cabinet anyway.
I used Annie Sloan's Graphite chalk paint and put two coats on the piece. It still looked really grey so instead of putting a clear coat of wax on it, I used my dark wax and the color turned out a perfect antique black.
| The dark wax in action. |
Here's the finished project:
| Don't mind the sliders. Or the photography. |
| And one with my little friend Norman. |


No comments:
Post a Comment