Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's Begun...

Whenever you tell people that your husband is going through medical school, people often assume that you never see him. For the most part, thankfully, this has been untrue. He's only had to stay the night at the hospital a few times and is usually leaving about 30 minutes before me in the morning and home when I get home.

Well, this morning he began the much-dreaded surgery rotation, which means that he will be staying at the hospital every third night for a month. That's a lot of nights at the hospital. Now granted, a lot of people have husbands that travel for business or are in the military or husbands that are firemen and have to spend every few nights at the station... it's just that I'm not used to it yet.

Derek will see a lot of these:


Not a ton of these:


And hopefully he won't feel like this:


So if you think about it, pray that I can quickly get used to having my sweet husband gone and that I can encourage him through this time- that it will be a time of growth and not hardship, and that it will pass quickly.

I guess the good news for Diffendwelling is that I will be without my prime playmate some, which means that I will be more active with my craftiness. So be checking back!

I am so thankful for each of you who reads my blog! Love y'all.

4 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I loved your wing chair redo, you did a great job and the tutorial is fabulous. Good luck to hubby. Hugs, Marty

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

I saw your reupholstery job on Remodelaholic. It turned out fabulous! Ane, you make it look so easy. I might have to give it a try.

Home as Hobby said...

Definitely praying for you to acclimate to your nights without Mr. Diffendwelling :)
I am a new "groupie" from Remodelholic and your chair is amazing! I browsed your blog and, although I am sad that you will be missing your hubby, I selfishly am excited to see your new projects.
Blessings!
Jenn

j.burrell said...

I totally understand. It's only the fee rotations that royally suck. Ob/gyn was by far the worst. I'm not at all looking forward to the rural rotation. Praying for you both!