Well, here's the finished product:
This was actually my fourth piece to paint with chalk paint. And it wasn't until this piece that I decided that I really do love the product. The deciding factor was the heat, which has been over 100 here in Dallas for days. I was able to pull this piece into my living room and set it on some towels and paint away in the air conditioning (no sanding, no dust, no smell). Yep, you don't have to sand or prime, you can paint it right on to anything... and I mean anything. That's my kind of paint!
So here's how I did it:
For the body of the dresser and the mirror, I painted it with two coats of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. Next, I painted one coat of Clear Wax over the white. I waited for it to dry (about 30-45 minutes) and then took the drawers outside and distressed them a little bit by using 80 grit sandpaper around the edges and in the detailing.
| Close Up of Detailing |
I taped off the mirror with frog tape and did the same process to it as well. And I changed the knobs to some that I found on clearance at Anthropologie.
For the top of the dresser, it was already a dark brown, but it had a glossy varnish on it that I was not crazy about. So I took the piece outside, sanded down the top and then put a coat of dark wax over the wood. And it has such a lovely silky appearance now. So much better.
Here are a few more photos for your viewing pleasure:
| Ok, so this was before I cleaned the mirror. |
| Also before I cleaned the mirror... sorry! |
Well, I hope you like it! Let me know if you have any questions. And, as always, I love reading your comments!







5 comments:
Looks awesome!!
Saw you on MMS! LOVE IT!
Your first two comments are from "Mal"s
Stop by for a visit!
www.classyclutter.blogspot.com
XO, Mal
This piece is so sweet. You did a great job!
Love it! It looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.
What a lovely piece! Your makeover is perfect.
Post a Comment