Friday, June 10, 2011

Apple Red Chairs

For quite some time, I have wanted to have a cute little table and chairs to go on our back porch. We got a table that is actually (filthy but) decently cute, but somehow the plastic chairs that my college roomate bought from Wal-Mart our sophomore year had been brought to our house by my dear dont-waste-anything husband.

This is what our back porch looked like a few days ago:

I was hanging out with my mom a few weekends ago and we were driving around town and saw a sign for a garage sale. It was about 11:30am so I figured that it would be over and/or all the good things would be gone. We did a "drive-by" and I spotted two weathered wooden (teak) folding chairs. I wish I would have taken a few photos of them. The wood was very dry but I could tell it was pretty sturdy. The wood looked something like this:


Oh, and they were $5 each- perfect.

I took them back to my parents' house and my dad helped me secure the seat slats back into place with a few nails. I decided that I wanted to make them a glossy red, so I did a coat of primer and used Rust-Oleum’s Painter Touch Ultra Cover 2x in Apple Red from Home Depot. And I think they turned out so cute!

Here's the result:

A great way to start off the summer.

5 comments:

Mal said...

They look great!!

Brenda Watts said...

I popped over from Miss Mustard Seed, LOVE the cheery red chairs..great job !!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your red chairs. What a great find. Hugs, Marty

Chris and Kim Pearson said...

LINDS... how I am just finding out about your perfect corner in cyber space. Love your style. Love YOU. You better believe I will be checking this frequently. xxoo

Keri Thorkildsen said...

so cute! i love that color. i was thinking about you the other day bc i re-did our bedroom using only stuff i already had in the house and it turned out so cute. you'd be proud! love ya!